Sign in to follow this  
Am Fit Elite Reefer

DIY reef wall rock structure your thoughts 💭

Was Thinking 🤔 of doing this to my new innovative marine Ext 75 . Have made a poll on instagram but it is 50/50 out of 100 Reefers and friends. So asking for your help guys on what to do. Like I said I absolutely love this and I think it adds depth to reef tank. I believe as well that it add swimming room for live stock . Image I got from google to give you guys a idea.

BD06B1B7-92EC-448F-BE28-168BBB92117D.jpeg

I would def stay away from rock wall. First of all I think it will make it extra hard to clean the glass around the rocks and aesthetically it's taking away all the negative space and actually reduce depth of field. You'll get more depth with a black background and more negative space so I believe instead just be very creative with your rockscape. I'd love to see you try creating something similar to this, following the 1/3 rule in the example below.

gt_01.jpg

• Like 1

If you like it then I say go for it.  There are many ways to scape a reef and creating a rockwall of some sort is always an option.  If you need to know the materials needed to do something like this, let me know, I can provide you a materials list.